Internet & E-Commerce
Cook Alex’s Internet and e-commerce practice provides the following services:
- Providing clearance, registration, and acquisition for domain names and web sites
Enforcement & Defense
- Monitoring and enforcement of intellectual property rights against small and large scale infringement online
- Defending client e-commerce and other online activity against intellectual property right infringement claims
- Enforcing and defending under the Anti-Cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA) and other unfair competition laws
- Litigation regarding use of e-mail and other electronic communication methods
- Assisting in evaluating possible blocking of protective domain name filings or objections
- Developing use and registration policies for domain names and web sites
- Monitoring the use of trademarks and copyrighted works by third-party web sites/li>
- Drafting and negotiating web site development, licensing, hosting, linking, and support agreements/li>
- Developing copyright, trademark, and other notices for web sites/li>
- Assisting with the acquisition of Internet businesses/li>
- Drafting and reviewing software development, distribution, and licensing agreements/li>
Let’s build our relationship today;
contact us for a complimentary consultation to get started.
While Cook Alex would be pleased to discuss your legal needs, please understand that merely contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Additionally, please do not send us any confidential information unless we have agreed to be your attorneys and represent you.
The Knowledge You Need
Cook Alex can help your business obtain, protect, enforce, defend and monetize your intellectual property in the U.S. and around the world.
We continue to be at the forefront in providing prosecution, litigation, and counseling services in all intellectual property matters, including patents, trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks, and unfair competition.
Chicago Patent Attorney
200 West Adams Street, Suite 2004
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Naperville Patent Attorney
2020 Calamos Court, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563
Fax: (312) 236-8176