Major elements of this approach include:
Developing intellectual property strategies
- Identifying business goals and objectives
- Performing an independent audit of intangible assets
- Classifying and analyzing assets
- Identifying potentially undervalued and underutilized assets
- Finding and analyzing gaps and redundancies in the portfolio
- Reviewing intellectual property portfolios of competitors to gain in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and assess the risks of infringement
- Evaluating strengths and weaknesses as well as trends in portfolio developments
- Analyzing trends in the industry
Managing intellectual property portfolios
- Identifying potential opportunities to increase the value of intangible assets through R&D, licensing, acquisitions, and partnerships
- Reviewing policies, procedures and practices to reduce costs and exposure to litigation while increasing portfolio value
- Evaluating and recommending methods to avoid potential litigation
- Reviewing and clearing products as well as assessing exposure to risk
Let’s build our relationship today;
contact us for a complimentary consultation to get started.
While Cook Alex would be pleased to discuss your legal needs, please understand that merely contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Additionally, please do not send us any confidential information unless we have agreed to be your attorneys and represent you.
The Knowledge You Need
Cook Alex can help your business obtain, protect, enforce, defend and monetize your intellectual property in the U.S. and around the world.
We continue to be at the forefront in providing prosecution, litigation, and counseling services in all intellectual property matters, including patents, trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks, and unfair competition.
Chicago Patent Attorney
200 West Adams Street, Suite 2004
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Naperville Patent Attorney
2020 Calamos Court, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563
Phone: (312) 236-8500
Fax: (312) 236-8176