Cook Alex’s patent practice provides the following patent services to clients:
- Surveying the current patent landscape to determine patentability, freedom operate and white space
- Counseling on patent protection
- Performing prior art analysis to determine patentability and potential infringement
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the U.S. and abroad
- Performing inter-party proceedings
- Counseling on maximizing patent portfolio value
- Providing clearance opinions
- Providing opinions on validity, enforceability, and infringement issues
- Drafting and negotiating technology licenses and cross-licenses and technology transfer agreements
- Drafting confidentiality agreements
- Providing due diligence support associated with acquisitions and divestitures
Enforcement & Defense
- Counseling on patent enforcement and litigation avoidance
- Performing prior art analysis to determine validity
- Resolving patent license disputes and avoiding adversely-held patents
- Litigating patent infringement
Let’s build our relationship today;
contact us for a complimentary consultation to get started.
While Cook Alex would be pleased to discuss your legal needs, please understand that merely contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Additionally, please do not send us any confidential information unless we have agreed to be your attorneys and represent you.
The Knowledge You Need
Cook Alex can help your business obtain, protect, enforce, defend and monetize your intellectual property in the U.S. and around the world.
We continue to be at the forefront in providing prosecution, litigation, and counseling services in all intellectual property matters, including patents, trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks, and unfair competition.
200 West Adams Street, Suite 2004
Chicago, Illinois 60606
2020 Calamos Court, Suite 200
Naperville, IL 60563
Phone: (312) 236-8500
Fax: (312) 236-8176